Friday, September 14, 2007

That's So Hot

Anyone who follows baseball knows New York Yankee left fielder Johnny Damon is cool...and hot (we won't reveal which of my readers really, really thinks so). But in case you didn't know that, check this:

Whenever corner outfielders (left or right fielders) make inning ending catches near foul territory, they are often hounded by fans to toss them the game ball on the way in to the dugout. During last night's game in Toronto, Damon caught a fly ball for the third out near the foul line, soooo the Blue Jay fans began begging him for the ball. One particular fan, a middle-aged white guy, was holding out money! (Can't be sure how much it was...I couldn't tell...plus it might have been Candaian money.) Damon gave the guy the ball, took his money, jogged a little to his right, and gave the money to a kid.

Johnny Damon. Cool (and hot, I guess).

P.S. - Johnny homered later in the game.
P.S.S. - Johnny doesn't need the money. He earned more money last night than any of us will all year. Johnny makes $13 million a season, or about $80,000 a game. Like I said, cool (and hot).

17 comments:

Cate said...

Dude, that is cool. One "cool" baseball moment that stands out in my memory from when I was a hardcore Rangers fan was when some trash was blown onto the field and cute little Mark Mclemore just bent right over, picked it up and walked over to the bat boy to hand it to him. How sweet. They should make a movie called "Batboy".

Micah said...

i presume that you're speaking about someone else, but you can surely add jen to the list of johnny damon fans. he does play baseball, doesn't he?

M.R. said...

You presume incorrectly. I'm talking about Jen and one part of her Damon/A-Rod love triangle.

Micah said...

she said that he lost his charm when he left the red sox, though he still has a fine behind

Lauren said...

Johnny Damon...so cool...but so not hot.

Lauren said...

Allow me to clarify so as not to get Jen riled up and defensive about her secret fantasy crush ("lost his charm" whatever) ...he is obviously an attractive person--just not my type.

Lauren said...

Has this seriously turned into a baseball blog? Give us something else, P (in addition to all the wonderful baseball commentary.) How was the movie? Be safe tomorrow...and wave at the appropriate times, please.

M.R. said...

What do u want from me? I got nothing.

I didn't wave because we avoided Shreveport (to Houston and then over to New Orleans). Actually that might have might have sent me right over Shreveport. Micah?

Here's hoping the French Quarter doesn't make me all nostalgic and depressed.

Who am I kidding?

Micah said...

hmmm... well, at least very close, though it is difficult to see the things directly under the aircraft

M.R. said...

Wow! I don't guess anyone could fly more DI-rectly over something than that.

Anonymous said...

DI-rectly over Shreveport. Yet you weren't here. WHAT!?

M.R. said...

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Lauren said...

I just got the sweetest, best package in the mail from your little wifey...I LOVE it :) Give her hugs from "Mrs. Semmes." And tell her I said "wifey."

My Breathments Off said...

Tonight I saw George Clinton and pfunk at the Red River Revel. It was...badical.

Micah said...

bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yah

parliament funkadelic and george clinton were bad even in pcu, and it's hard to not like something in a jeremy piven movie.

M.R. said...

I read some of George Clinton's new book on "Giving" today. Wait, I meant Bill. Bill Clinton.

Micah said...

bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yah
bow wow yippee yo yippee yah

like the boys
when they're out there walkin' the streets may compete
nothin' but the dog in ya