Monday, January 22, 2007

The 2006 Not a Film Critic Awards

Yes, it's the least anticipated presentation of the season. These awards are offered with one caveat: I have not seen "Little Children" or "Notes On A Scandal" starring Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett, respectively. It is no secret how much I love these ladies. I have no doubt that they would be more than in the running for Best Actress (Winslet) and Best Supporting Actress (Blanchett). They are both likely to be nominated for Oscars tomorrow morning.

Picture -- "Pan's Labyrinth" ("El Laberinto del Fauno")
Director -- Alfonso Curaon ("Children of Men")
Lead Actor -- Matt Damon ("The Departed")
Lead Actress -- Helen Mirren ("The Queen")
Supporting Actor -- Alec Baldwin ("The Departed")
Supporting Actress -- Rinko Kikuchi ("Babel")
Adapted Screenplay -- Alfonso Cuaron ("Children of Men")
Original Screenplay -- Guillermo Del Toro ("Pan's Labyrinth")
Cinematography -- "Children of Men"
Film Editing -- "The Departed"
Art Direction -- "Pan's Labyrinth"
Costume Design -- "Pan's Labyrinth"
Makeup -- "Pan's Labyrinth"
Visual Effects -- "Casino Royale"
Original Score -- "Pan's Labyrinth"

8 comments:

Jen said...

And now what? Predictions based on the actual nominations. . . ?

M.R. said...

Yes, I might offer predictions. But, as we saw last year, I'm not very good at it.

Micah said...

I heard there was an updat, but I thought there might be news about Maddux

M.R. said...

As well you should.

Jen said...

Well, so long as the stakes are high (ie "If I'm wrong, I'll buy all your movie tickets until the Oscars come again next year), then I'm for the chanciness of it. And I reckon you're for it too, so long as something like pregnancy and childbirth (which generally ensues after pregnancy) keep such a better from the theaters as often as he might like to be there. What've you got to lose?

M.R. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
M.R. said...

What have I got to lose? Money...unless you're planning on getting pregnant again in the next couple months.

Jen said...

Oh no, the secret's out.