Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Best Picture So Far This Millineum

In my previous post, read so far by one person, I made a somewhat dogmatic statement about "The Departed" being the only worthy Best Picture winner of this decade. I stand by my statement. I would like to add my ratings of what has won so far this decade and also list what I would have selected in each year. The actual winner is listed first followed by my choice.

'06 - "The Departed" (****) "Pan's Labyrinth" (****)
'05 - "Crash" (*1/2) "Munich" (****)
'04 - "Million Dollar Baby" (***1/2) "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" (****)
'03 - "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" (***1/2) Master And Commander: The Far Side of the World (****)
'02 - "Chicago" (**1/2) "Minority Report" (****)
'01 - "A Beautiful Mind" (***) "Moulin Rouge" (****)
'00 - "Gladiator" (***) "Traffic" (****)

4 comments:

Micah said...

I suggest you amend your title to Best Best Picture So Fare This Millineum, so long as Munich was filmed, produced, and released in 2005.

M.R. said...

Admittedly, I am dumb...but I have no idea what that means.

Jen said...

I too fail to understand my husband's misspelled comment.

But I'd like to say "here, here!" to your Best Picture wish list. My goodness, if the Academy would just vote with you. Speaking of, why aren't you in the Academy? Let's work on that.

Micah said...

would it be fair to change "fare" to far?