prediction first, preference second...
Score: Atonement / Atonement
Adapted Screenplay: No Country / No Country
Original Screenplay: Juno / Michael Clayton or The Savages
Supporting Actress: Cate / Swinton*
Supporting Actor: Bardem / Affleck
Actress: Christie / Page
Actor: Day-Lewis / Day-Lewis
Director: The Coens (watch out for P.T.A.) / The Coens
Picture: No Country (watch out for Juno) / No Country
*sorry, Cate..but c'mon...2 noms and a win (maybe) in 1 night?!...u can forgive me.
Enjoy the show. Best Picture is freaking me out! It appears that any one of four movies could win it. Only Atonement is out (which is good because it is inferior to the others).
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know you disagree, but I almost cried when Glen and Marketa won for song. And I was so mad when Swinton won. First, cuz she was so ugly, and second cuz I thought everyone else deserved it more. But oh well. Thrilled for the Coen Bros. Sad about Ellen Page. Gah, she so deserved that. Although Marion did a fantastic job. So mad that Daniel Day Lewis won. He did fine, but he was the same character in Gangs of New York. I really think Johnny deserves it and even for Sweeney Todd...whoops. Every single supporting actor deserved it and a few more did too, so I'm cool with that choice. I thought Lars and the Real Girl might should have won, but it was a tie for me between that and Juno. I really wanted Juno to upset for best pic although I was very happy for No Country. And so happy Atonement won best score. Great song.
Well, not having seen any films in the past year except for 3:10 to Yuma and Transformers, I can hardly give my up or down on any of these except to say that I am for the Coen brothers winning whatever. So I was thrilled to see that they did. When the film comes out on DVD, I'll see it.
That's lame, but apparently I'm lame. Good that I'm finally owning up to that.
Also lame was how the Irish chick got a second chance to say thanks. I mean, okay, she got cut off unfairly, but them's the breaks. Or tem's te breaks, as they'd say.
Also lame was how I had to compete with Guitar Hero going on in the next room instead of sitting literally on the edge of a seat with Johnny's and Myles being super pumped at all the goings on. I could just see it: eyes wide, waiting, just waiting to hear the best director and picture, stunned and pleased. Come on!
Post a Comment