1984
Anna Karenina
The Brothers Karamazov
Casino Royale
Dracula
The Faerie Queene
A Farewell To Arms
The Great Gatsby
Lyrical Ballads
In Memoriam
The Lady of the Lake
The Lord of the Rings
The Moviegoer
My Antonia
The Name of the Rose
Songs of Innocence and Experience
That Hideous Strength
Till We Have Faces
The Tragedy of King Lear
The Tragical History of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark
Thursday, February 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Your favorite literary pieces of all time.
Your Top Twenty.
My Top Twenty if I would just read them all.
Yo Fav!
gud readin
My Greek Exegesis prof (whose wife is Romanian) mentioned Dostoevsky in class Tuesday. This lead to a conversation between us about "The Brothers Karamazov" before class Thursday. My prof is barely older than me and it is clear that we could become fast friends. I thought how cool it is that a book can do that, and I started thinking about other books (fiction, poetry, plays) that could do the same. These are literally the first 19 (plus TBK) that came to my mind. I guess, for that reason, they are my "favs." They are certainly "gud readin."
Note: I don't necessarily recommend all of these to you guys. Seriously. And, I'm sure you know that it has nothing to do with your intelligence. ("The Faerie Queene" and "The Lady of the Lake," both wonderfully virtuous books, may be the hardest reads in the list...but have at them!) I just don't want to cavalierly (without comment) expose my friends to art that might hurt them. I think I've done that too much in my life. ok?
Post a Comment